Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fly-Fishing For Souls?

Duane Hada, a deacon in our church, taught me to fly-fish this past year on our Stateside Assignment. He even gave me a bunch of equipment - with one catch (no pun intended) - the stuff was to be used as a tool for reaching people.
I saw online yesterday that there was a big Hunting and Fishing Expo on the north side of town.
I went in hopes of finding a fly-fishing store or group or whatever.
Of the hundreds of displays, I found ONE store representing fly-fishing. So I talked to the guys there and found out about their store. I asked about a fly-fishing Club, and they told me about one. I got all excited until I asked what they do. "Drink and Lie about their fishing adventures," was their answer. Sounds like a bunch of Ruskie good ole boys. I asked about clinics, or seminars, or whatever. The more we talked the more open they became. In the end they invited me to visit their store. In November they will be starting some 3 week fly-tying classes - stuff you can do in the Winter.
Pray that this will be the first step in relationships that will eventually bring some into the Kingdom.
Duane - thanks for the foot in the door!

Living the Dream
Tim for the Wickers

No comments: